The Laboratory Officina Medi_ter is born with the objective to study the complexity of the Mediterraneans’s environment, representing him through the realization of all those practices that connotano his space, underlining the constitutive process and the invariant.
For such motive the Laboratory Officina Medi_ter will have the finality of:
- To promote and to sustain the socio-economic development of the Calabria and of the Mediterranean regions implementing a strategy reported to the exploitation of their cultural (historical, archaeological, environmental, of safeguard) patrimony on local and international staircase, to favor and to activate processes of integration with the European regions, offering new opportunities to harmonize the cultural differences, politics and religious;
- To make visible and usable the historical way and the testimonies that they have marked the becoming of the Calabrian civilization in the Mediterranean context, revisiting their contribution to the progress of the humanity;
- To structure a activity of knowledge and interdisciplinary study to the circle of the ” Cultural Heritage and the Tourism”;
- To participate in the improvement of the local economies and the capacity of the territories’ attraction;
- To show as the relationship between metropolitan city and cultural patrimony is a field of experimentation of excellence for our Country;
- To contribute to the opening of new conquests on the plan of the understanding and the knowledge of the history of the humanity, increase and improve the offer of usable assets;
Besides, through the Laboratory Officina Medi_ter, is meant to promote:
– the scientific collaboration and the exchange of the technical support with other laboratories and groups of study and search that cultivate similar interest and that they priority possess complementary competences reported to the circle of the architecture, of the art, and of the cultural heritage in general;
– the interdisciplinary culture, establishing contacts and exchanging information with the laboratories and the centers of research that conduct similar activity to the purposes of the Laboratory.